Union Pacific Discussion

Railroad Jobs Forums Railroad Jobs Forum Union Pacific Discussion

This topic contains 5,221 replies, has 527 voices, and was last updated by  gmonty 2 days, 8 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 5,222 total)
  • Author

Sean Martin

This thread is only for U.P. discussion and questions.

Thanks!

Tom

Sean glad to see u made 1 spot for each rail company. As u know I applied for a train crew spot and had a reading test for UP and passed just waiting for the next hurdle will keep everyone posted of possible snags along the way thanks again for the thread

Sean Martin

Awesome job man! Keep us posted.

Volusia

Hey Everyone hopefuly you all seen my link on the PAT test. Anyways I have a hiring session scheduled for March 31st in Seattle. Been trying to do as much studying as I can on Union Pacific. I would be one of those guys who is a little overweight but I don’t look like it since I am 6’0 tall. I started working out in the gym lifting weight focusing on soulders, lats, biceps and leg muscles as well as walking on treadmill which has a heart monitor. I was able to create my own hang test with the gym equipment. Anyways I am still very nervous like everyone else who gets on here but with Sean book and everyone comments I am pretty positive about Thursday. Sean I was wondering if you could post a mock example of what your shift work looks like just so we can understand it better? Also what railroad do you work for?

Volusia

I forgot to add this one as well. I understand dressing for success and also taking pad of paper, pencils and pen but do they usually do the PAT at the interview. I am not sure how to ask this but what kind of stuff should I pack for the Interview and PAT?(Gloves, Boots, Shoes, Safty Vest, Change of Clothing). Any ideas would be helpfull.

Tom

Volisia the way it sounds its different everywhere I have a friend who works at UP st Louis he said his test were all at interview but his pat was scheduled after he was talked to in the interview and it was the last step but some of the other guys hr works with said it was all before the interview process. So still the question I have is the same for my location before during or after anyone ideas thanks

pokywilly

The PAT test will come with the conditional offer. They have to weed out everyone from the interview session first. And that can be anywhere from a day after to a couple of weeks after the interview.I got invite to Portland this week on the 28Th. probably be the same HR’s that will be at the Seattle one.I’ll let you know how it goes and hopefully be able to give you some helpful advice as to how they are and what to expect. Good luck in Seattle. I was going to try for the Seattle one but settled on Portland. Both are great cities.I think Seattle just put another listing up for train crew again. That’s a good sign that they are consistently hiring till they fill.

Volusia

Well Pokywilly I hope you get the job and sometime we get to sit down and talk or wave at each other as we go by. Good luck.

Freewood

For you new people, there are many threads on this site dealing with Union Pacific interviews, they are there to find. If you can’t find what you are looking, this is the thread to ask, along with any other information you seek.

Laroux

I withdrew from a guaranteed job last week in another state in hopes of being invited to an interview in my home town. Good new! I was just invited to another hiring session this afternoon and I am so nervous but excited.

I am just hoping that if I get hired I will not be furloughed after training. That has been the case so far. There are 56 currently furloughed and there have been two hiring sessions in the last few months and those hired have been, or are being, trained and then furloughed. All this is in hopes of being ready for the increase in business toward the end of the year. If I am hired my training would likely take place over most of the summer and then in the fall maybe the work would be there. Any thoughts on this?

I am definitely going to take the job if offered and then take what comes. I don’t know if my being a woman will have any bearing on anything either. Any thoughts on that?

pokywilly

Sean i got to say without you book I would of gotten nowhere!!.Had my interview yesterday in Portland and got my conditional offer today, not even 24 hrs from my scheduled interview.I had so much help because of your book. at first I thought your book was not going to help at all. But it really does do the job. Thank you so much. People get the book if your seriousabout working for the railroad.My next step is the PAT and other test,keeping my fingers crossed, I,m not out of the woods yet. Thanks again!

Volusia

Congrats pokywilly. Is there anything else I should know? Can’t remember was that for U.P. or BNSF? If it was for U.P. How many people are they looking to hire and how big was your hiring session?

Volusia

Congrats pokywilly. Is there anything else I should know? Can’t remember was that for U.P. or BNSF? If it was for U.P. How many people are they looking to hire and how big was your hiring session?

Sean Martin

@Laroux No one knows about furloughs. Everything could change by the time you finish training. You being a woman has not baring on anything except you will probably get hit on by idiots in the railroad. lol

@poky Thanks man, that’s what I keep telling people! lol

Laroux

Sean…Funny that you would use the word “idiots”. Many men will act like that until they know where you stand. I’ve been hit on by many men but only one has been swift enough to catch my eye-my husband of 25 years.

I get along very well with people and have no worries about keeping it straight. It is actually pretty easy getting along with men if they know friends is as far as it will go, and I have many men friends. I am always very proper and keep everything on the level. I trust my man and he knows he can trust me.

I am looking forward to working and really hope I get the chance to show that I am a hard-working woman and would be an asset to the company. I am pretty confident that I will get an interview and that it will go well; thanks to your book. It has really helped my get ready for this. It has great information in it!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 5,222 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.